29 September 2009

Resthome ministries

Hi Friends;


Well this morning I got up and had some cereal and decided I was going to try and go to the rest home ministries which a friend of mine did, the last time I tried about a year ago I couldn't do it because my dad had been in one when he passed away.. but this one person that was in the nursing home hollered and it instantly reminded me of my dad hollering for me or the nurse and I freaked out and left, well today I walked to the nursing home and tried again and succeeded and enjoyed myself.

I told the wise ones that I was from Texas and one guy started calling me Wild Bill, and He forgot his glasses so when it come to changing the pages in the songbook I gave him mine and looked it up again and I did this several times and we just smiled and carried on, he was a nice bloke, and the ladies smiled at me. One lady started laughing then broke out in a song, I thought it was odd at first but then I thought why not be happy or in a singing mood. I was getting where I didn't want to leave; anyway after we left I told my friend bye and started walking home, and he said wait a minute we got another one yet to do and I said “Oh ok cool lets go” So I got in his little car, and we talked along the way and He said “I need to stop at the house” as he was a J.P.; I said thats ok with me, so we went to his place; he made a few phones calls concerning a Chinese imigrant to New Zealand who was looking for a place to rent near her job, and he was helping her out, then later we went to the next resthome, now the friend I am talking about doing these resthome ministries is in his eighties, yes I said eighties, and he drives around in that car like a pro; its hard to explain but he is a very kind hearted Christian and he loves to tell the story of God's grace, and share with others, I admire that in him.


I very much enjoyed myself, after we left the resthome he wanted to give me a ride back home so I let him, halfway home his cellphone went and he answered it; I was like ummm hmmm yeah ok and he pulled over and was slowly driving, I was giggling inside cause he is such a chirpy person and always smiling, anyway he got me home safe and we said our goodbyes and He said I see you next Tuesday lol. I thought to myself with a smile yeah I suppose you will lol.


Well I got in and ate crazy, for some reason latey I been more hungry since I started this thing, I suppose thats normal anyway got on my computer and got on Yahoo messenger( but was hidden offline as I was reading emails) and my yahoo friend jumped on and He said Rooster ( my nickname by many ) where are you I am worried about you are you there are you sick? I was like Nato (his nickname by me) I am fine mate I was at the resthome like I told you I would be, oh he said I forgot about that.. It was nice to be missed and have a friend worried about me like that, He is like a son to me.

Well we chatted for a time then we played a game while still chatting on yahoo, later a storm came and I fell off.

So then I went out to the garage to get the old bicycle machine out and put on some BEE GEES and started cycling, I went on for 45 minutes, had the keyboard on the handlebars and typing emails and time passed nicely.. got into a sweat and decided I needed to clean up and shave.


(Interupts with Breaking News …. since SP uses Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner I decided to do the same instead of what I call or NZ calls meals lol Thank you …... now we return to our normal program)


My wife come home and made some Dinner which was proably the healthest meal I have eatten all day (ashamed of myself a little lol).Anyway now I shall do my excersises and finish all my blogs tonight which you guys get first hand now since my health and weight is one of my foremost important things to me and my family. Until next time …


~ Bill

Posted via email from billcockrell's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment